Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Music City USA, United States
I am a poet/songwriter, guitar picker, singer and story teller. I am about as liberal as it gets and am not afraid to appear opinionated. I've been riding a wheel chair since 1999, but I use a walker and have refused to lie down and stay put. I am not done dancing yet.
Moody Cowgirl

Yes, I am opinionated. Some say I'm wise. Others say I'm weird. I'm not sure which is more true. It doesn't matter, as I am a most excellent fool.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What if~~~~

As i watch the dramatic story unfold of angry protesters, rioting in the streets, demanding freedom, demanding justice it takes me back~~~~~~~~


It takes me back to another election. Same story, different actors. Where, oh where was the outrage in 2000? Sure there were protests, but they were small and scattered. Where was the outrage?
Had we reacted to that election the way Iranians are reacting to this one, would G Dubyah have still been president? Would we have gone to war? Would 911 have still happened? Would our economy have gone insane?
We will never know. Let history be our lesson and never be silent again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Bright Blessings, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Ive only been blogging for a few months and it is very addictive. Plus I've made loads of new friends all over the world.
    xxx
    Jane
    http://spreadingthefaeriedust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog